Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

One of my favorite holidays... dressing up and receiving candy, what could be better than that? Well, this year I dressed as Buster Keaton. My absolute favorite actor. He's funny, romantic, adorable, etc. And he does all his own stunts! Bottom line, he's just plain incredible. 
So, I set off around 4 to go trick-or-treating with my best friend Val. I was quite disapointed when no one asked me who I was. They just handed me the candy and closed their doors. When I was little people would say, "Ooh, how pretty you look. And what are you this year? A princess? Oh, you're so cute!" Some people actually asked me if I wasn't too old to go asking around for candy. My reply was, "One is never too old for candy!" With that said, I was extremely excited when three older people asked me who I was. I love old people, we have so much in common. I tend to dislike my age group.
 One person asked me if I was Sarah Palin but I quickly corrected him. Another asked me if I could do any of his tricks; I cannot, except for the forward sommersalt while holding a cup of tea.
Anyway, I collected 10 lbs of candy, 2 of which are already gone. The chocolate is always the first to go. Then the skittles and lollipops. I think I was a convincing Buster, besides the fact that I couldn't help but smile when I thought of him... which was constantly, being dressed as him and all. I even dyed my hair black like his, although I didn't cut it so I looked more like Johnny Depp's character in Benny & Joon. The only problem is that now it seems to be falling out more, which is really bad since I have a bit of trichophobia. Shiver. 
I have to thank Grampa for his shirt, Mommy for her pants, Alberto for his tie, Granma for her shoes, and Papa for the pocketwatch. The only thing that was mine was the porkpie, I never knew how hard it would be to sew a hat but it looks so real.




1 comments:

CWJen08 said...

Yes! Woody Paige. Boy do I feel dumb. I wrote a whole post because the guys is funny, and I couldn't even get his name right. Like you said there are not many Woody's. I just wrote down the first Woody that came to mind. I changed it though, thanks.